Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some of my favorites.


Here are some of the things that make my daily life easier. Month by month, my boys are constantly changing. Attitudes come and go, eating preferences change weekly, and their attention spans for certain toys grow and deplete daily. Let's just say, they are constantly leaving me with the question "What's next?"....


#1.
We recently started having Rosehill Dairy deliver milk, bread and orange juice bi-weekly right to our doorstep. We LOVE the products and the convenience of it. We go through the basics quite quickly at the Lawrence household. This really saves us time and money.


#2.

Since most toddlers develop a sense of independence after 12 months of age, their diets can go from eating everything to eating nothing. My twins are no exception. I like to give them Toddler Enfagrow Formula after some meals to help get those extra vitamins that they sometimes miss. Plus, the vanilla flavored kind is something that I give them right after bath time to keep them in place long enough to lotion and dress them. This is crucial for me since the majority of baths are done by myself. Without this drink, they will fight to the death to get away from me which would leave the other child unattended. Not good for business.


#3.


My sister-in-law introduced me to these goodies. My kids LOVE these. They will even eat spinach and pea flavored ones. That never happened before these. They can hold them and feed themselves. They have a huge variety of different veggies and fruits mixed together. Plus, they are all organic. A great bonus. I order them from Diapers.com (free next day shipping) Thanks Rhiannon!


#4.
Being able to pop this thing open and let them watch a quick movie or play a fun touch-screen game....life saver in those moments of tantrum throwing.



#5.



#6.
I am honestly surprised at how much my kids loved these discs. We had no idea that they were actually learning stuff until one day, we were talking about washing our hands...and they both did the sign for "wash hands"...it was the craziest thing ever. From that point on, we use a handful of baby signs. The most important one for us right now is using the sign "More" for when they want more of something. They now use it and can say it too. It's great to know what your kid wants instead of all the pointing and whining. I highly recommend these discs!

#7.
(Cash and London just after waking up from their afternoon nap - hence the hairdos)

Lastly, my kids are all about throwing stuff (blankets and stuffed animals) out of their cribs. Since it was frustrating for me to have to sneak into their room to put blankets back on them, I decided to try something new. Make heavier, bigger blankets. So...I made two two-sided minky blankets for them. The first time I gave it to them, Cash tried to lift his up and throw it over...he failed and I smiled. It was great. Now, they love them and keep them in there always.

Mommy = 1
Babies = 0

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of the advice. It's kind of crazy trying to figure this whole parenting thing out and I love it when I get to hear from other moms what has worked for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this post. i like hearing what is working for other parents! so what was #3 called? and as annoying as those bells look, i'm sure luke would love them...so what brand are they? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made them a heavier blanket. And I can totally picture the army crawl thing. It's a daily in our household I swear. Even when I put multiple binkies in her crib, they all end up on the floor. Love all the advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a great mom! I love hearing what works or doesn't work for other mommies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need me some heavy blankets! The second I put a quilt on Lucy, she kicks it right off. Smart thinking mama. Are you ready to give birth or what?

    ReplyDelete