Friday, June 11, 2010

Sugar Ants.

Yesterday was going to be a fun day. Te's karate school was doing a swim party at my parent's pool. I wanted to put the boys down at her house so that I could help out. After the party, we'd swim as a family. Sounds like a good game plan, right? The day started out great. I had a lot to do and had a game plan before I even got out of bed. Here's what the game plan was supposed to be and what really happened.

Wake up at 8am. Get boys fed, dressed and changed. Before their nap at 11am, I needed to pack their nap time stuff. This includes the following: 2 pack'n'plays, 2 crib sheets, 2 blankets to sleep on, 2 blankets to sleep with, and 1 monitor. After that was packed, I needed to pack all their swim stuff ( 2 tees, 2 swimsuits, 2 swim diapers, sunblock, 2 hooded towels, any fun water toys, and two sun hats)

I get this all packed and ready to go. The boys are starting to get cranky now because it's almost nap time and I still need to get them over to my mom's house and set up their stuff. I go out into our garage and realize that I need to put both car seats into the SUV because they had got taken out the night before for car cleaning purposes. I bring both boys into the garage with me (if I didn't do this, they would cry the entire time they were in the house, thinking I had left them). So with the garage door closed, I let them run loose. I put one car seat in the car, grab London and stuff him in. One baby down, one more to go. I pick up the second car seat.....start walking over to the door....when I realize something is moving on the seat.....SUGAR ANTS! I drop the car seat in a panic.......(think Nicole! What to do....what to do) I remember that the other car seat was on top of this one and that my child is sitting in it, in the car. So I run over, rip him out and start brushing him off. All this time, cursing under my breath. I take that car seat out and start shaking them off. I then realize that Cash is sitting on our lawnmower (no, it doesn't have a seat) and pretending to ride it. "Vroom vroooom.." That's the noises he's making. I run over there and take him off, only to find his clothes now have grease on them. Cute.

I bring both boys back into the house and call Te. "Plans have changed. We have a situation on our hands, babe." I tell him the story and he's immediately frustrated because he "told" me to clean those car seats a couple months ago for this reason. Yada Yada Yada. I suck. So since there was stuff (hot dogs and paper plates) I was supposed to bring with me to the pool party, he would need to come home and grab them now. He walks in, stressed out because plans have changed, I'm mad because I've been stressed all morning only to hope for relief from the husband and now he's stressing me out even more. Ugh. The day went very wrong, very fast. I don't see reliability on the resume for parents with multiples. We are the flaky couple.....and that's just the way it will have to be for the next couple of years.

Sorry boys, no pool party extravaganza today.

Mom = 0
Sugar ants = 1

3 comments:

  1. yikes. i'm ready for a nap after all that. it's hard enough getting stuff packed up for one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On days where I think I have it hard getting it together, I'll remember That I'm only dealing with one, not two! ;) You are one amazing mom and don't let those ants let you think otherwise!!

    It's amazing how fast plans can change. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally poopy. I think I suck (e.g. the comb incident) and I'm only dealing with one!! It's certainly not helpful when the husband is being cranky either!! Pretty sure I was uninformed about that amount of planning and stuff that ANY outing requires when you're packing a baby around. Not to mention the fact that your brain matter has shrunken substantially since being pregnant. It's amazing that any of us live past our infancy. You're awesome Nichole.

    ReplyDelete