Friday, February 18, 2011

Every once in awhile...

It's been 2 weeks since I last saw my beloved chap stick. Yes, 2 weeks later I am still upset about this. Here's my dilemma:

I love lipstick but I always forget to put it on. I can remember applying chap stick because my lips tend to get chappy whenever the weather suddenly changes, which is a lot these days. I read a blog post about a tinted chap stick from MAC and everyone was raving about it. I ended up ordering it online. (MAC stuff ain't cheap either, ya feel me?) It arrives about a week later and I'm super excited about it. I use it for 2 days, loving every bit of it. Then it happened....

Cash is obsessed with chap stick. Has been for months. He loves walking around and applying to everyone in sight. So one day, I noticed he had reached up and snagged my MAC stick off the bathroom counter. Usually, I would have immediately taken it from him. Usually. I remember I was in the middle of something when I saw him with it and thought to myself, "It has a twist lid, so he can't open it and do any damage. I'll just get it later when he has lost interest." That was upstairs in my bedroom. The next time I saw him, he was downstairs and had also added my brand new, unopened, "on the go" jewelry cleaner to his growing treasure stash. Te had got it for me as a v-day gift to match the jewelry he gave me. Again I thought, "unopened, can't do damage, I'll get it when he's done with it." If I can avoid a toddler tantrum, I will.

And I never saw them again.

Here's the real kicker, I have NEVER lost anything of value before because I always find everything when I clean up later in the day or at night. I make sure to clean up their playrooms every night because I've noticed they play longer when a room is clean compared to messy. It's the "I wanna mess up a clean room" syndrome that kids have.

Anywho, I'm pretty bugged about this. I specifically asked Cash, "Don't lose mommy's lip stick, okay?" And he waddled off murmuring something in his cute little voice. So did he do this on purpose? Did I not give him enough credit to knowingly hide it, thinking it'd be funny? I have looked high and low. In every usual hiding spot of theirs. Even in spots they don't know exist. I've looked in new spots every day for two weeks. I would say he might have thrown it away, but our trash can is located in the pantry, a door that is always closed. I know I could just order another one, but there's a part of me that knows as soon as I do, I will find it.

I need to let it go and just buy a new one already because asking Cash, every day, "Where did you hide mommy's chap stick?" is not going well. He's run off and brought me back everything from a dinosaur that I haven't seen in months to an invisible "item" that he pretended to hand me today. (I admit, it was more cute than annoying)

My parting words....don't underestimate the intelligence of a toddler.

Mommy = 0
Cash = 1


R.I.P







6 comments:

  1. i hate when kids do that!
    right after we moved in, oakley starting pulling things out of our kitchen drawers.. she took our some of my favorite kitchen gadgets, still haven't found them six months later. and seriously, we don't have much space to hide things!
    the worst is that you keep asking the toddler where it is at! and i swear they really know, they just think it's funny to not tell!!!
    i hope you find them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it went down the toilet? That sucks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Nicole :) I hopped on over after reading your awesome guest post over at A Little King and I...you have such a darling little family! Your stories about your sweet, classically mischievous little guys show you have the right perspective of motherhood! I can tell you love them so much, you don't sweat the small stuff, and that you're a sweet mom who likes to have fun :) I do hope you find your chapstick! My husband lovingly teases me for having multiple chapsticks around the house & in my purse because I lose them all.the.time. haha

    xo,
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog!
    My boys are notorious for "misplacing" things of mine- including my wedding band a few years ago! I was sure that would turn up...it never did.
    My plan? When they grow up and move out, I will sneak in to their homes when they are at work and simply "borrow" things from time to time.
    I promise to put them back, after they've stressed for a while!
    Enjoyed your post on A little king.
    S
    http://weddedblisster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower...love your stories. I, too, am a mom to twins (Penny & Tripp) and I have a 3 year old Luci! Your blog should be a great look into my future of wrangling two at a time. They're just about to walk and it's getting a little scarey!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you need LIPZIPZ. That way you will NEVER lose your lip balm again. I do hope you find it...cute story!
    lipzipz.com

    ReplyDelete