Wednesday, January 26, 2011

easy as pie.

Mini venting session.

I often ask myself, and my husband, "Why in the world, do toddlers have any reason to throw tantrums?" A diaper change, from poopy to clean? No. A plate of food prepared and served right in front of them? No. How about having a warm bath to sit in and afterwards, get all lathered up with lotion and dressed for an early bedtime? Heck no. Yet they do....all the time. I can feel myself losing my sanity each and every tantrum. I hear myself yell phrases that make no sense, no wonder they look at me confused! I confuse myself sometimes.

After putting the kids down, I find myself laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling and asking myself, "What in the heck happened to the old me?" That easy-going, jokester of a person? Oh, that's right....kids happened. I just wish I would have known that was the last time I was going to see her for awhile, I would have given her a proper goodbye. Seems all I do now is worry. Are they eating enough and sleeping enough? Am I disciplining them correctly? Can I let them play with that or is there a possibility of it harming them? I can feel the gray hairs sneaking up on me.

Anyways, that's the end of my rant. Random rants, yes ma'am. I am beginning to understand the old cat ladies. Cats are easy compared to kids. Easy as pie.
___________________________

Body paint.

I am working on a little craft project that includes paint and little wooden benches (given to me by my mom) for each of the kids. Once I am done, I'll post pictures. As of now, all that's been painted are little bodies instead.



Love Sac.

I hate this LoveSac. I've been trying to get rid of it for so long now but Te keeps holding onto it for some odd reason. But finally, I've found a good use for it! It doesn't change the fact that I think it's ugly and needs to be given to the dog as a new bed.....but in the meantime, this will do. "That'll do, Donkey. That'll do."


Not my Lucy.

The past couple of weeks, Lucy has been fussy, sleep resistant, and constantly refusing food and bottles (you'd think I would know why this was, having two kids already). I was secretly praying that this wasn't her new, unimproved demeanor. Thankfully, it wasn't. Her two bottom teeth poked through yesterday. My Lucy is slowly coming back to me....phew!



6 comments:

  1. Lucy is so adorable. And, I can totally relate to what you're experiencing with your boys. I'm totally stumped on the disciplining thing as well...he does the exact opposite of almost everything I say. Most of it isn't really a big deal so I feel like I'm over-reacting if I give him a "time-out", but at the same time if I don't set boundaries on the little things, how will he learn when I'm serious? Hm...sorry for the extra long comment, but I've seriously been in the same boat! Who knew parenting was so difficult? I thought I had it figured out when I was 15 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I feel like that almost 5 out of the 7 days of the week. ha ha. Your kids are so cute and happy they seem like loads of fun! Boys are fun but at times so crazy with energy that it does take a lot of us. You are lucky to have such a sweet baby girl too! Good luck and I'm sure you are a wonderful parent. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy is absolutely gorgeous! You guys are in big trouble when she starts dating! And I loved your little rant. I already feel that way, and I only have one little baby that sleeps all of the time. I think you're Super Woman for surviving with 3 kids.

    So yes, call me ASAP and lets get sane together! Done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sister! Bryce even said to me the other day that I never acted this way before we got married! Kids happened! Some days I feel like I have literally gone crazy! Your kids are so so sweet and that Lucy looks just like you! Hope all is well...miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to admit what a relief it is that I am not the only one that feels this way sometimes. I have been thinking how badly I just need a girls night to get out of the house and just relax, be the old me for even just a few hours. Are you up for it? I love my sweet little lady, but I think we are all better mommy's and wives when we remember to take some time for ourselves.

    Teething is the worst! Lucy sounds like she teeths same as Addy. It is awful! The day the tooth pops through though, Addy goes right back to the sweet angel she is. But until then... a little monster. Good luck. If you come up with any good tricks to help her feel better, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um hello mini Nicole! That picture of Lucy is the spitting image of you! I often find myself wondering where the old me went also. I was writing in my journal last night, going on my own rant saying I needed a time out and break. I read some entries from a year ago that said the exact same thing! I guess I'm still working on that breather:( loved your post

    ReplyDelete