Friday, July 9, 2010

2 week and 15 month check-ups.

I realized the other day that I never introduced our little girl to our blogger friends. So here's her story...

I had an appointment on Thursday, June 24th, to decide what I wanted to do when it came to my labor process. I hadn't progressed in over 3 weeks. My doctor didn't want to "start" labor since I was planning on doing a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). He said we didn't want to put any more stress on my body than we had to. Since there was no progression and I was looking at delivering a 9 pound baby and was already after 40 weeks, we decided to do a repeat c-section for a variety of reasons. My main concern was that I wanted the fastest recovery possible, having two 16 month olds at home. I thought VBAC would be the fastest recovery. After discussing it with my doctor, we came to the conclusion that a vaginal birth of a 9 lb. would have a longer recovery process than a repeat c-section. So, that being said, we scheduled the surgery for the next day and had our baby girl around 1pm on Friday.

I know that we confused a lot of people when we announced her name. Everyone thought her name was going to be Liv. But two days before her birth, Te and I were talking and I said that Liv was my second choice and that the name Lucy would be my first...if I had my way. He didn't know that I felt this way, apparently. So being the absolute wonderful person that he is, he said I had full naming rights from that point on. And so a Lucy was born. My great grandma's name was Lucy and my memories of her and her lake house up in Bellingham, WA. were the reasons I wanted to choose this name. My husband chose Lucy's Hawaiian middle name, Nalani, meaning "serenity of the skies". More importantly, it was also his grandma's name. So there you have it.

Lucy Nalani Lawrence
Born June 25, 2010 at 1pm.
8 lbs. 8 oz.
21 inches
Jen Herem took Lucy's newborn pics. I have only seen two pictures so far and they are perfect. I can't wait to see the rest. Thanks Jen.

In addition to Lucy's introduction, we went to the Dr. today to get the boy's 15 month check ups and Lucy's 2 week check up. The boys are actually closer to 17 months but we missed their appt.

Cashus:
Weight: 22 lbs. (10%)
Height: 32 in. (59%)
Head: 50 1/2 cm (99%)

London:
Weight: 21 lbs. 11 oz. (8%)
Height: 31 3/4 in. (51%)
Head: 50.2 cm (98%)

Lucy:
Weight: 9 lbs. 4 oz. (80%)
Height: 21 1/4 in. (83%)
Head: 36.7 cm (68%)


6 comments:

  1. Love her cute little outfit! Glad things worked out for you with the delivery. For what it's worth, I think you made a good decision. No reason to be torn up both places. Looks like Jen did an amazing job, as usual. Love, love, love the couch! Were they done at your house?

    So my chunky little girl weighs more than both of your little guys and she is like four months younger than them. It kind of cracks me up. At first I thought, oh it will come off when she starts crawling, and it did a little. Now I'm praying it comes off when she starts walking on her own, which is probably days away. The kid loves to eat and seriously still says, "Mmm" after every single bite of food. It's adorable, I must admit. What would we do without these funny little ones running around?

    Congrats again! She is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys, she is a doll. Love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is she!! I want to meet her and of coarse see you! Seems like forever. Glad to hear everything went well. And the name couldn't be more perfect. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'd love a play date! Call or text me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! She is beautiful and I'm glad everything went well for you!

    ReplyDelete